1.5 hours of a panel discussion to highlight financing remains a critical gap to be addressed in the post-2020 period to ensure that gender equality and biodiversity objectives in Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework (KM-GBF) are met (CBD/SBI/3/2/ADD3). Financing will be required to ensure that the outcomes set in the Gender Plan of Action (2023-2030) and the gender-specific Targets (Targets 22 and 23) from the Global Biodiversity Framework are achieved.
Tuesday, 22 August 2023
15.00 to 16.30 hours local time
Room 207, Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, Canada
Please register here if you are joining online.
This sessions is organised by UNCBD Women’s Caucus in collaboration with UNEP-WCMC, and GEF Gender Partnership.
- Opening Remarks by Doreen Robinson, UNEP
- Panel Discussion featuring representatives from the Government of Canada, GEF Secretariat – GEF Gender Partnership (Verona Collantes), Both Ends (Eva Schmitz), PEREMPUAN AMAN, RRI (Devi Agranni), and MEPA Trust (Ruth Spencer).
- Closing Remarks by Olivier Rukundo, CBD Secretariat.
- Moderation by Amelia Arreguin, UN CBD Women’s Caucus
- Explore GEF-8 programming and implementation strategies for a gender-responsive Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework.
- Examine ways to effectively monitor progress towards gender equality, biodiversity, and climate goals within the GEF results framework.
- Discuss priorities and challenges in the programming directions of the GBF Fund, supporting the human rights-based and gender-responsive execution of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework.