A virtual roundtable hosted by Women4Biodiversity, UNCBD Women’s Caucus and the Convention on Biological Diversity
A 1.5 hours virtual round table designed to provide valuable support for the finalisation and operationalisation of the monitoring framework for the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework (KMGBF) in line with decision 15/5. The main objective is to identify concrete entry points for integrating gender considerations into all indicators related to the 23 targets of the KMGBF.
Bringing together diverse perspectives from the CBD Secretariat, the UN system, governments and women’s organisations, this webinar will explore the gender-related aspects of the KMGBF monitoring framework. By raising awareness, facilitating knowledge exchange and promoting horizontal partnerships with women’s organisations, we aim to strengthen the integration of gender considerations into biodiversity monitoring processes and ultimately improve the overall effectiveness of KMGBF implementation.
The session will address the topics below,
- Critical gaps relating to the indicators of the Targets From a human rights-based approach.
- Possible thematic or subject area disaggregation from a human rights-based approach.
- Gender perspectives in the indicators to achieve the Targets.
This online event is intended for UNCBD Women’s Caucus members, policymakers, practitioners, academics, civil society organisations, and other stakeholders interested in biodiversity conservation, gender equality, and sustainable development. The webinar may benefit those intending to mainstream gender considerations in implementing the COP15 decisions and resulting instruments.
Wednesday, 26 July 2023
From 13.00 to 14.30 hrs UTC
Zoom. Registration link HERE
- Participants will actively engage in discussions and knowledge sharing to identify and explore practical strategies for integrating gender considerations into the indicators associated with the 23 targets of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework.
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the benefits and challenges of integrating gender considerations into biodiversity monitoring processes.
- The webinar will provide capacity-building opportunities to equip participants with practical tools and resources for incorporating gender responsiveness into their monitoring efforts.