A programme where Parties, stakeholders, and observers will talk about advancing women’s rights and gender equality in the post-2020 global biodiversity framework. Also in the programme is the exhibit of the She Shapes Biodiversity photo contest winners and finalists, and activities like mural painting.
UNCBD Women’s Caucus and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity spearhead this event
See speakers in the programme below.
6:30 pm, 10 December 2022 (Part 1)
1:30 pm, 12 December 2022 (Part 2)
Auditorium, Place Quebec, Montreal Convention Centre
- To ensure a gender-responsive and human rights-based approach post-2020 global biodiversity framework
- To highlight the importance of women in biodiversity through studies done as well as policy briefs shared by various groups and processes.
- To advocate for a stand-alone target on gender within the post-2020 global biodiversity framework
- To ensure implementation of the Gender Plan of Action in consonance with the post-2020 global biodiversity framework
- To build dialogue and deliberation of having a gender-responsive financial mechanism and resource mobilization to strengthen the role of women in biodiversity.