A virtual round table hosted by UNCBD Women’s Caucus and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
A one-day live moderated discussion on identifying minimum elements that should be included in the revised and updated National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans (NBSAPs) as well as unfold entry points for gender-responsive national reporting in 2026 and 2029.
UNCBD Women’s Caucus and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD) will co-host this virtual event. The event is open to the public with registration from here.
This online event is directed to UNCBD Women’s Caucus members, biodiversity and environment-focused decision-makers and practitioners from international to sub-national levels. The webinar may benefit those intending to mainstream gender considerations into implementing the COP15 decisions and resulting instruments.
The speaker panel will include,
- Cicilia Githaiga, UNCBD Women’s Caucus Advisor (Opening remarks)
- Amelia Arreguin, UNCBD Women’s Caucus Coordinator (Moderator)
- Jilian Campell, SCBD
- Marion Marigo, UNDP
- Georgina Catacora Vargas, UAC Tiahuanacu – UCB
Friday, 31 March 2023
13:00 to 14:00 UTC
- To present an overview of how gender elements could be included in the update, review or development of the National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans.
- To provide concrete paths to include gender-responsive measures when reporting on the implementation of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework.