A one-and-a-half-hour panel discussion to raise awareness of the links between sustainable use of wildlife, food security, livelihoods and well-being, culture and the integrity of landscapes. This is a hybrid event led by Women4Biodiversity in collaboration with IUCN and SwedBio.
Tuesday, 17 October 2023 at 13.15 Kenya East Africa Time. Please check your time zone here.
In-person: CR-11 – JUSCANZ, 2nd floor, UNEP Headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya
Virtual: YouTube Livestreaming here
- Patricia Kameri-Mbote, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), Opening remarks
- Joyce Peshu, Kenya Wildlife Conservancies Association (KWCA)
- Irene Natukunda, Biodiversity Hub International and GYBN-Uganda chapter
- Barbara Linkoy Ntoipo, Indigenous Women Biodiversity Network (IWBN)
- Carla Manjate Rombe, International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Shruti Ajit, Women4Biodiversity, Moderator
- Facilitate gender-responsive implementation and monitoring in actions related to the sustainable use and management of wildlife.
- Increase awareness of the linkages between human rights, gender equality and sustainable wildlife management and how these could be supported for an effective and inclusive implementation of the GBF.
- Raise awareness of the links between sustainable use of wildlife, food security, livelihoods and well-being, culture and the integrity of landscapes;
- Exploring pathways for a transformative global and national biodiversity agenda through sharing of experiences, knowledge and lived experiences.